Always been good with your hands? Are you interested in mechanical engineering and like to work with metal? Do you have a good sense of space and like to work with great accuracy?
Then you should take a look at the training to become a Cutting machine operator.
A few production processes are required to make pistons, cylinders, turbines, generators and gears of steel, light metals or plastic. Whether for the automobile industry or aerospace - as a cutting machine operator you are responsible for the ordered parts meeting the exact measurements noted on the technical drawings.
Cutting machine operators work with high-precision, computer aided machines, align them, program them and monitor the production process and release the component after final inspection.
Accuracy and care top the list of priorities, because at König we work within tolerance ranges of up to 0.001 millimetres.
Accuracy is also required when machines report faults and you need to find the cause using the test procedures. Maintenance, the constant care of machines and tools is of great importance so that disruptions and faults don't occur in the first place.
Here are some of the things you'll learn with us:
- Reading, analysing and assessment of production orders and technical drawings
- Selecting, aligning and clamping of tools and equipment
- Writing and reading-in of CNC programmes
- Setting up and operating turning, milling, drilling and grinding machines
- Conventional processing in turning, milling, drilling and grinding
- Execution, monitoring and optimisation of production processes
- Assembly of components
Your training to be a cutting machine operator takes 3.5 years. The first year will be replaced by attendance of the vocational school for metal technology in Tauberbischofsheim under a pre-contract. Naturally you will receive the full training stipend and pay above the general scale during this school attendance. The theoretical part of the dual training scheme takes place in the vocational school in Wertheim.
You must be in possession of a qualifying secondary education diploma or general certificate of secondary education and have the following interests and qualities.
- Interest in technology and technical subjects
- Good grades in mathematics, technology and physics
- A careful and precise manner of working
- Be able to work in a team and willingness to perform
- Basic computer skills
Do you have these qualities and are interested in a good training programme at a top educational company?
Then apply now - we look forward to welcoming you!
Naturally we'd also like to give you the opportunity to get to know us better during an internship.